About Me

My photo
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Another Day... Or Two...

Last week, Yvonne and I went to our first craft & vendor sale.  It was not well attended - only five to ten people actually showed up.  It was a learning experience.  We did meet some nice people, though.  One suggested trying to get into the Gingerbread sale in November.  She thought my unique cards would do well there.



 When I got home, Dave had a surprise for me in the backyard!  He had built and stained a raised garden bed on our deck!  It was already filled with dirt, so all I had to do was plant the veggies.  It looks awesome!  What an amazing hubby I have!


 He needs to make another one - this is only one 8 X 8 - because he took home too many plants for just this one, plus I got some plants from my wonderful dad!  :)

What fun!











 Yesterday, Yvonne and I went to yet another vendor show, but it was more of a parent to parent sale. Most people were looking for used children clothing and toys, the business vendors didn't actually sell much.  I did sell one card, and Yvonne sold one bracelet.  Now I know that I shouldn't try to sell at parent to parent (p2p) sales, since they are more geared to people looking for 'garage sale' type deals.

We did make some changes to our displays, which made it look much better!  There's always room for improvement, so let me know if you think of anything we can add or change.  I'm hoping that we will be able to attend the Gingerbread sale in November.  It will be more of a Christmas sale, so I'll take the summer and fall to get ready for that.  I'm also going to take some of my other stitched items - like pillows and wall hangings.  The Lord willing, it be well attended, and He will bless our sales.

How do you like our new display?  We still need some more professional signs, but these worked for now.  I made the stairs from a tutorial I found online that used foam core from the dollar store.  Sweet!


Then, for my birthday, I got some beautiful callilies and hanging baskets.




Then, Yvonne baked a cake and decorated it.  Of course, I didn't have quite enough icing, so we mixed it with some leftover cool whip so she could salvage her decorating.  I turned out fine.  Now the kids are making tacos for supper.  :)  Poor Dave had to leave for work.  :(  But he made omelets and homemade hashbrowns for breakfast - yum!!!  and we still made it to church!  I love my family and am very thankful for them. 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

GoodTimes said...

Nice raised beds!! He can make you another next year... Something to look forward to.