About Me

My photo
Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wow, it's been a while since I posted on my blog.  Other than being sick, not much has really happened.  No, we haven't ALL been sick at the same time, it just seems to be spread out.  The more in the family the longer it seems to take to get everyone healthy again. 

Anyway, we found a table on Kijiji for a great price.  Now you may ask why we needed a new table.  Ours is extremely large and our dining room is not huge.  Plus, we want to put benches with the table in an effort to seat more, so we wanted a table with a pedestal.  Take a look at the one we found.

Not bad for 20 bucks, eh?  We didn't think so.  It didn't come with any chairs though, so we're still looking.  The chairs we have are just not nice (and now they don't match).  Anyone know where we can find some very sturdy chairs?  The table is oak, just so you know.

On a not so nice note, Last week Monday, I brought Cole and Olivia in to see the doctor because they both had spots all over them, looking like a heat rash.  But Olivia had had it since the Wednesday before (almost 2 weeks ago now), so I didn't think it was that.  Cole also had a sore throat.  So he was diagnosed as having tonsillitis along with symptoms of scarlet fever, and Olivia was treated for the symptoms of scarlet fever - although neither one had had any kind of a fever. 

Weird, eh? 

But that's not all.  They were put on Amoxicillin (did I spell that right?) for 10 days.  Friday, Olivia had a fever and slept for most of the day.  I took her to the walk-in (cause my doctor isn't open after 12:30 on Fridays - yeah, I know, that in itself is annoying!).  They said the fever was because her body was fighting the infection. 

Okay.  So I took her home, and it seemed to go away.  The problem was she didn't seem to be very comfortable.  She didn't want to really sit, or lay down, or play for longer than 10 minutes.  Very unusual for her.

Monday afternoon, I noticed new red spots on her body.  Okay.  What now?  By the time Dave got home (after doctors hours), her face had large blotchy spots on it.  So I called in the morning and got her in to see the doctor this morning.

She's had an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin!  We're very thankful it was just a skin reaction and not some other kind of reaction.

My poor baby... and yet she stills smiles.  Hopefully she clears up in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

GoodTimes said...

ohh! Her poor face :(
....but, FABULOUS table!! :) Great find! Just get a couple arm chairs for either end, two nice oak benches and some folding chairs for company and you'll be good! Don't need a perfect match if you keep a table cloth on. I like it alot!